Cowgirls ready for Cancun Women’s Challenge Trio Games
Oklahoma State Cowgirls
(4-1, 0-0 Big 12) • Head Coach: Jacie Hoyt (Sixth year — 85-66)
Women’s Cancun Challenge
Florida State (5-0) • Harvard (2-1) • Purdue (4-0)
Games 6-8 Nov 24-26, 2022 10 a.m., 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m.
Venue: Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Radio: KGFY – 105.5 FM, Sirius XM 375 (Florida State game only)
Live statistics: https://cancunchallenge.net/calendar.aspx
Social media: Twitter — @osuwbb, Instagram — @osuwbb
Facebook — www.facebook.com/CowgirlBasketball/
What 2 Watch 4
• The Oklahoma State women’s basketball team returns to the Women’s Cancun Challenge this week with three games in three days at the Hard Rock Hotel Rivera Maya.
• The Cowgirls open play in the Maya Division against Florida State on Thursday morning before facing Harvard on Friday morning. OSU will close out the event Saturday afternoon against Purdue.
• OSU last won an in-season multi-game tournament at the 2012 Surf N’ Slam Classic in San Diego, going 2-0.
• Claire Chastain is 54 points shy of 1,0000 for his career. If and when she hits the 1,000-point mark, that would give OSU four 1,000-point scorers on her roster.
• Chastain has made 73% (8-11) of his 3-point attempts over the past three games.
• Lexy Keys is seven levels out of 100 for his career.
• Taylor Collins is 11 points from 500 as a Cowgirl.
• OSU has had 10 players in the scoring column in four of its first five games and scored nine in its game against Kent State.
• The Cowgirls have scored at least 20 points in 11 quarters this season. OSU has also scored more than 30 points in three quarters so far.
• OSU has seen at least four players score in double digits three times this season and eight different players have had at least one double digit outing.
know the enemy
• Florida State is 5-0, including a road win over a joint OSU opponent in Kent State.
• Ta’Niya Latson is fifth nationally with 26.8 points per game.
• Purdue enters the game 4-0 with those four home wins.
• Lasha Petree leads the team at 17.5 points per game
• Harvard entered its Monday night competition at Merrimack College with a 2-1 mark on the year.
• Harmoni Turner is averaging a team-best 21.0 points per outing.
OSU against the field
• OSU is 1-1 against Florida State with its most recent meeting in the second round of the 2008 NCAA Tournament in Des Moines, Iowa resulting in a 73-72 overtime win for OSU.
• OSU won the only meeting with Harvard, 92-62, at the 2012 Surf N’ Slam Classic in San Diego.
• The Cowgirls’ only meeting with Purdue came in the second round of the 2014 NCAA Tournament in West Lafayette with OSU leading, 73-66.
Last time in Cancun
• OSU participated in the 2017 Cancun Women’s Challenge.
• The Cowgirls opened with a 76-68 win over South Dakota before falling 79-69 to No. 12 Tennessee.
• Loryn Goodwin was named to the tournament all-star team after averaging 23.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 2.0 steals over the two games.