Official mod market leader mod.io surpasses 300 million downloads
“Six mods were uploaded every second on mod.io in 2021. More than half were on console – a first mod experience for many gamers,” said mod.io CEO and co-founder Scott Reismanis.
More than half of mod.io are almost 10m users play and access official mod content on consoles, attracted by a constant flow of new UGCs, in a safe and convenient way, increasing the number of players and, in turn, encouraging more developers to adopt official mods in their console versions.
“The average console gamer will download over 20 pieces of official mod content per month, and one in three gamers who own titles supported by mod.io use official mod content,” added Scott.
“We have seen a massive increase in player numbers after implementing our custom build features that use mod.io,” noted Hanna Fogelberg, CCO of Landfall Games.
Landfall Games’ Totally Accurate Combat Simulator (TABS), which recently claimed the highest ranked Steam game of 2021, provides gamers and creators with the tools to create and share fantastic combat simulations. Naturally, the mods fit perfectly. Developer Landfall Games has chosen to work with mod.io to enable official mods on PC and console as soon as they are released. With 1.2m mods created and over 76 million mods uploaded to date, TABS continues to grow with its community.
Since its launch in 2019, mod.io has been used by over 90 games including Skater XL, Deep Rock Galactic, Humankind, Fireworks Mania, and SnowRunner. mod.io helps studios grow their communities of creators, paving the way for the adoption of mods in games spanning PC, console, mobile, and VR platforms. Every month, more than 17 million user-generated content is distributed through mod.io to more than 3 million players. Each year, this represents hundreds of millions of content, created by fans, shared with their community and supported by the developer whose product is constantly evolving.
mod.io is a pioneer in the UGC space, bridging the gap between creator communities and game developers across a large number of platforms.
Fast facts on mod.io and UGC
- 17 million pieces of user-generated content are distributed every month through mod.io, to more than 3 million players.
- Since 2019, mod.io users have downloaded official mods 5,000 times more than the total number of video games released for current PC, console and VR platforms.
- In 2021, six mods were uploaded every second on mod.io.
- More than half of all official mod downloads were on consoles.
- In 2021, mod.io saw 300% year-over-year growth with 208 million mods downloaded.
- mod.io was the first to launch official cross-platform mod support in SnowRunner, Skater XL, Space Engineers, and TABS on Xbox and PlayStation as well as PC.
- mod.io supports over 90 different games, across 11 platforms and stores.
Video element: 300M Downloads https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Ww_re4dVM
For more information, please contact Dimoso on behalf of mod.io
Lisa Bennett, Account manager, [email protected]
Jessie Galman, Senior Account Manager, [email protected]