PlugShare celebrates over 1 million downloads in 2021
PlugShare, which describes itself as the world’s largest electric vehicle community, is celebrating more than one million app downloads in 2021 (the milestone was reached in early December).
The PlugShare platform is owned by Recargo, a company founded in 2009, which was acquired in July 2021 and became a 100% subsidiary of EVgo (for $ 25 million).
The service is one of the best when finding charging points and double checking if a particular charging point is working.
âPlugShare is the primary platform used by electric vehicle drivers to locate and select public chargers. The solution allows users to share their experiences and feedback around specific locations with other drivers, better plan short and long distance electric vehicle trips, assess their charging experiences through the exclusive PlugScore feature, use Pay With PlugShare on select charging networks, and more. “
As of December 9, more than 3.6 million unique Apple App Store and Google Play accounts worldwide have downloaded the PlugShare app to their devices, resulting in 3.8 million charging point reviews public.
The company also notes that from July 2021, âThere have been 7 unique installations of PlugShare apps for every 10 operating EVs in the United States, reflecting the significant penetration of users of the platform among US electric vehicle drivers. “
Cathy Zoi, CEO of EVgo said:
âElectric vehicle adoption takes more than cars – it requires great cars, reliable charging, and great software. EVgo acquired Recargo because we know how important the PlugShare platform is in helping new and existing electric vehicle drivers around the world recharge, and this millionth annual download milestone is one of many across the world. as the growth of electric vehicles proliferates.
Nick Wild, President and CEO of Recargo said:
âThe recent influx of reviews on the PlugShare platform is a testament to the growing demand for electric vehicles and the charging infrastructure used by drivers of new and existing electric vehicles to go electric. The PlugShare community continues to be the best place to get accurate information on electric vehicle charging, and we’re excited to continue supporting drivers and infrastructure providers around the world.
A simple search and examination of charging points is not the only offer of the PlugShare platform, because since 2019 the company has developed a whole family of services, including:
- Creation of PlugShare, the world’s largest electric vehicle community, with approximately 3 million downloads of unique driving apps worldwide1. PlugShare has become the go-to source for finding and choosing public EV charging, sharing experiences with other drivers, evaluating charging experiences through the proprietary PlugScore feature, planning EV trips, and paying to charge.
- Develop Pay with PlugShare (PWPS), a mobile payment platform allowing transparent and reliable payment for multiple charging networks through a single application.
- Deployment of the PlugShare API to integrate the rich network data of PlugShare into the dashboards of global automakers and custom mobile and web applications.
- Integrate relevant advertisements into the PlugShare mobile app and website.
- Launch of PlugInsights, the world’s largest panel of electric vehicle drivers (approximately 72,000 drivers) to use with surveys and qualitative research.